Monday, May 5, 2008

Service Learning

Not much has been sucessful so far in service learning this year. We are doing a lot of research and collecting sample trash, but I ask myself why. How is this research going to help the schools future recycling program? I have not learned much so far, except a few things that can be recycled that I didn't know could be. These objects are listed in my last blog post below. In the coming weeks, what needs to be done is we need to establish a recycling program. I say enough with this " research" and sample trash. I could see if we needed the research/data to convince some one, but we don't. Enough talking and planning, and LETS DO IT! What needs to be changed for next year is that we start service learning earlier, maybe in Early to mid March. This is so that the groups have time to actually get things done.

No comments: