Thursday, May 15, 2008

service learning reflection for 5-9 workshop

Last weeks service learning workshop went very well. Though a few group members were missing, we stayed on task and got a lot done. We wrote thank you letters to the men that funded our scales. We are using the scales to measure trash we find. Right now, I am collecting data on trash I found in my neighborhood. The goal of what we are doing is to propose for a recycling program for the school district. To get to this, we need to educate and show people the importance of recycling. Many people do not understand this importance and take plastics and other things for granted. Hopefully by the end of the school year, we will have put together a good proposition. For this weeks meeting, which is in 25 minutes, I prepared myself by walking around my neighborhood to see not only the amount of trash, but the days with the most and the specific time of day. THIS IS SPARTA!!!

No comments: